Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guest Blog: Snooping by @MsLeeTaughtYou



Phone on silent, face down, but the lucent light is aglow when some activity occurs. Is it a text? Is someone calling? Who? Do they know he’s with me? Is it some bitch? Does he not see his phone? Why hasn’t he picked it up? Does he know who/what it is? Or is that he just doesn’t want me to see? What’s the secret? Who/What is he hiding? You forcibly peel your focus off this ever so amazing yet detrimental gadget and now set it on him. He’s all calm, cool, collected, not fazed, completely oblivious and tentatively watching the movie you picked for the night. He slowly lifts your head off his shoulder and tells you he’s stepping to the bathroom. He leaves the room and what do you notice? His phone hasn’t moved…
THIS is your opportunity to answer all your questions. But then there’s the ultimate one, if it IS some hoe WHAT DO I DO? So many other inquiries jolt. If I do find something I don’t like, how do I bring it up? I can’t just say I was snooping, he wouldn’t trust me. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I was just… curious but I can’t say that….. What kind of girlfriend/boo would I be? He creeps in and startles all your thoughts. He gets back in his spot on the couch and pulls you to him without a single care in the world. It feels good and just as you try to concentrate on the movie that you haven’t watched since the opening credits, your mind brings you back to that damned iPhone. I should have picked it up and put my mind at ease! Thoughts as such are so damaging to relationships..
If you go looking for something, TRUST me you WILL FIND IT. It could be the most innocent of conversations but just because you’re intent on finding something, anything will gratify your suspicions. THIS LEADS TO TROUBLE. To solve all, don’t snoop! Don’t make a text to Amber about homework code words for “I’m coming through later.” Don’t make a convo with his dudes a plot to cheat. The concept is simple:  If you want to know, ASK. If you feel like the answer isn’t truth, evaluate why you feel as such (perfect bonding situation) but DON’T SNOOP! Snooping is a catch 22. You snoop and find something, now you have to bring it up (snitch on yourself) and risk losing all trust or whatever it is between you two. You snoop and don’t find anything, so you dig deeper to find every bit of nothing then you’re left beating yourself up with guilt knowing that you could’ve trusted him the whole time. Conclusion: DON’T SNOOP! If you can’t find the trust, remove yourself. And if he hasn’t done anything to induce this suspicion, it’s not him. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment