Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Food For Thought: Fear of Doing Better

Settle? Settle? Whats the point in settling? O, the comfort of the knowing how things will be. I get it, I understand. Nothing wrong with it but it being all wrong, that's all. You can be comfortable while not settling for what you are getting in life. Do Better. DO BETTER! Many chicks will yell this, text this, sub this, but who does this? No one till they do it. Do better by simply doing better. That's not putting anyone down, you're just picking yourself up. So why in ourselves do we blind ourselves with THIS person is the ideal hero to my life? THIS person is my love. THIS person is "holding" me down but I know for sure I'm the one doing the holding. No one should say "I love you" while you the only one loving. No one should be "I support my S/O" but YOU the only one doing the supporting. Are you out struggling providing for ya'll both but they only can return back words and some "fight" to anyone tryna prove to you, you are worth more than you are receiving? Release that fear of doing better and allow yourself to see that there is more out there than some words from who you settled for because you used to them.

Then you have the ones who moved on and settled to the point they wanna prove they need not go back. Still apart of the fear. Don't be afraid of what you see when you finally open your eyes that you close them and fall down. Keep them open. Damn near broke down and caving into yourself with a ball of confusion and stress but you "KNOW" what you have is where it's at. Hold on people... allow me to laugh.. HA HA HA! WAKE UP! Nobody wants to be a quitter but when things turn rocky and you fought with all you had to relax that storm and things just calmed but never recovered trust you not quitting, you're being smart, intelligent, awake. They screaming "I got you" but when you look around you got your damn self. Pockets on empty, your hand goes out but it's you who puts things right back in them. But that word. That word of "I love you" comes right on back. "I got you and us" follows right behind it. I show I'm here by coming to your defense and laying with you every now and then. Now where are we? What do we truly have? How far past these things will we go? EXACTLY! NOWHERE BUT HERE! THAT ONE LITTLE SPOT WE BEEN IN! STUCK! Supporting what? Who? How? Not better. No not better because we are so scared of it. Doing what we doing praying it finally clicks and works because....................................... we settled for the comfort of knowing how things will be than what we know we want them to be. Yes, better is scary but if you have the drive to get it grab that damn thing and don't let go. Don't shake it. Don't fumble it. Hold that shit tight! Align those priorities and go for what YOU'RE WORTH. BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment