Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Very Odd Future


Sunday night all eyes were on best new artist people thinking Wiz had it in the bag (even though he isn't a new artist), shit the world just knew he was winning that moon man coming off of his hit "Black & Yellow" but then this happened....

yep, my nigga Tyler won and TWITTER.WENT.CRAZY. Niggas was truly pissed yo, from saying "fuck rap" to "They let them devil worshippers win" to me asking someone why they mad to which they replied "these niggas got on stage." Idk what is is but black people who are "fans" of music & Hip-Hop really don't like Odd Future unless its Frank Ocean they give him the quickest of passes. Ill admit I was just like them tho, I didn't like Tyler at first but always stated he can rap then I continued to hear music from him that I could get down with and all of a sudden I became a fan all because I took the time to open up and actually LISTEN to his material not sit hear it then dismiss it. Yes he has a lot of lyrics that push the envelope but some of your favorite rappers have too like Big L & BIG. Hell BIG said in a song "I'm hard, Jehovah said I'm barred from the pearly gates/F**k him, I didn't wanna go to Heaven anyways/But my momma got me on my knees with my hands gripped/Talkin' bout some Praise The Lord shit/Hail Mary, F**k her I never knew her/I'd probably screw her and dump her body in the sewer" yeah Notorious BIG said that but its biggie so he gets a pass huh? If they were white rapping the same lyrics then it would be "o them white boys crazy but they white so its understandable" but they black and that's why I believe I see comments like "them devil worshippers cant rap they suck, is this what people call rap now smh." Race does play a big factor in it its very obvious look at Eminem, when he started out his lyrics were very similar to Tyler & the rest of Odd Futures lyrics but he was white it was ignored. But why is it people don't like them? Maybe its the whole 666 thing yeah I ignore that and don't co-sign it but I forgot why they use it anyways they are atheist *waits on extra sensitive Christians to say "THAT'S WHY, THEY HAVE NO GOD IN THEY LIFE"* slow ya role right there. Every time you mention Atheism people (Christians) get mad cause they feel when you say you don't have any religious beliefs you only speaking on Christianity smh no no no it includes Judaism, Buddhism, Islamic faiths, etc NOT JUST CHRISTIANITY so calm down & it damn sure don't mean you worship the devil either. As a christian myself I could care less bout what someone believes in because it don't affect me at all, my beliefs are mine and theirs are theirs. Most people become atheist because they question why choose one religion over another. Slightly getting off topic so anyways they are really just a young teenage skateboard crew from LA who love making music. So that was just a lil insight to who they are and whats been on my mind that I had to get out. I'm going to mention a couple songs of his to check out tho...

"VCR/Wheels" - off his first album Bastard the first half of the song "VCR" is a whole metaphor for sex but he uses a tape, VCR, and many references to it to describe it. When that beat drops in the beginning it takes off from there

"Inglorious" - this next to "VCR" may be my favorite song of his. On this record he tells the story of how his father left his mom to raise him and his other siblings in a single parent home off child support barely being able to handle rent but still managed to. Something most us kids raised in a single parent home can relate to

"Goblin" - intro to his sophomore album of the same name. On here he addresses all the comments said about him, how people perceive him, devil worshipping, his lyics, etc.

"Tron Cat" - album cut with a dope ass beat where Tyler takes the time to show that he indeed can rap & damn sure good as fuck

"Analog" - real chill relaxing song to just vibe to very smooth beat that def has replay value

"Bitch Suck Dick" - def a song I wanna hear in the club. Very energetic track that gives off that whole aura of a Lex Luger song

No comments:

Post a Comment